Product Description & Reviews
US Sunlight Solar Attic Fan Controller and Remote. The readout on the included remote control sends a radio signal through your walls and ceiling to give you a real-time status update on fan operation to let you know if your fan is running and if the power source is from the solar panel or the house electricity. The included remote control unit will also display the current attic temperature and relative humidity. Simply press the STATUS button and the information is transmitted from the Solar Controller to your hand-held remote. The Solar Controller monitors both temperature and humidity; optimizing your fan's operation for maximum performance in all weather conditions. The Solar Controller intelligently limits the amount of electricity used to power the fan, so it is a perfect alternative to traditional, electric-powered vents. With the built-in temperature and humidity sensors, the Solar Controller can monitor attic conditions and utilize solar power or house electricity to optimize the run-time of the fan by removing excessive heat and moisture. The Solar Controller is uniquely optimized to run the least amount of time possible; using the least amount of electricity possible. Since the ambient temperature continues to drop after sunset, the fan only needs to run in short intervals. And since it uses a DC powered motor, the amount of actual energy drain is minimal. The additional electricity required will cost less than $5 per year. Monitors the attic temperature and will turn on the fan when the temperature reaches 80 degrees and will turn off the fan when the temperature dips below 77 degrees. This allows the fan to only run when it is necessary to vent hot air from the attic space, extending the life of the motor. The unit comes with the temperature switch disengaged. It is recommended that the temperature switch remain disengaged to enable year-round venting.
Features & Highlights
- Intelligently simple attic ventilation. Enables after dark operation of U.S. Sunlight Solar Powered Attic Fans and provides easy monitoring of fan operation and attic temperature and humidity conditions with the convenient hand-held remote
- The addition of the Solar Controller with Dual Mode Technology will enable your Solar Powered Attic Fan to run after sunset or when there is no light available from the sun
- When there is no sunlight available to power the fan and the Solar Controller has the optional house power connection enabled, the Solar Controller will cycle house electricity for 15 on, 15 minutes off every half-hour in order to power the fan. This will allow your attic temperature to continue to drop after sunset and help remove the hot, stagnant air that can build up on those warm summer evenings
- The Solar Controller allows you to power your fan with free, abundant solar power when you need it most while also giving you the option to run your fan after sunset using only a small amount of house electricity - all without the noise and operating expense of an outdated, traditional, electric attic fan
- The readout on the included remote control sends a radio signal through your walls and ceiling to give you a real-time status update on fan operation to let you know if your fan is running and if the power source is from the solar panel or the house electricity
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.